The following is a list of recyclable materials and their proper disposal.
- Paper Products: all types of paper including: newspaper, magazines, office paper and phone books
- Aluminum: All types of clean aluminum such as cans, pie pans, foil, etc
- Corrugated Cardboard: Please flatten containers
- Plastic: Any container with a number 1 – 7 on the bottom milk jugs, plastic pop bottles, shampoo bottles, laundry bottles
- Motor Oil/Antifreeze: Motor/Antifreeze Oil can be dropped off free of charge along with oil filters and antifreeze at the Jackson County Transfer Station
- Chipboard: Flatten and place with other paper products (beverage containers and cereal boxes)
- Tin Cans: Rinse clean, lids should be included. Labels may remain on containers
Glass is no longer accepted at rural bins.
Please recycle at Imagine the Possibilities or the Transfer Station.
Our rural residents are able to recycle at one of our 4 recycling drop off boxes, located at the county maintenance sheds in:
(Click For Map & Directions)
City Service Information
For questions about your community’s refuse or recycling collection dates, what materials are accepted, preparation of materials, & any special collection dates, you can contact City Hall at these numbers.
For Questions Regarding Household Hazardous Materials Call 563-652-5658